A little about your chef...

My name is Mackenzie and I'm a college student in St. Louis, MO. I've always had a passion for cooking and baking but being in college has made it a bit of a challenge! Hope you enjoy these recipes!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blueberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt

I've made several batches of ice cream this summer with my new Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker :) And it's been awesome! Molly Moon's Ice Cream is my favorite ice creamery in the Seattle area and they came out with a cookbook this year. It's got some fantastic recipes in it and I have love recreating them! I'm not going to give out the recipes in the book because I want to support this local business and make you buy the book! 

However, I tried a frozen yogurt recipe from pinterest last week and it was great! So here it is!



Blueberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt 
Recipe adapted from Simply Recipes
Makes about 1 quart

3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (I used fresh)
3 Tbsp lemon juice 
3/4 cup to 1 cup sugar (depending on how sweet your blueberries are, and how sweet you want the result to be) - I did 3/4 cups because my blueberries were fresh and sweet!
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups full fat plain yogurt (full fat yogurt is preferred, if you are use low-fat or non-fat yogurt, substitute 1/4 cup of it with heavy whipping cream - which is what I did)
1/2 cup whole milk
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips

1. Place the blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Heat on medium heat, stirring, until all of the sugar has dissolved. While the mixture is heating, use a potato masher to mash up the blueberries. When all of the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.

2. Stir in the yogurt and milk until completely incorporated. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for several hours (or overnight) until completely cold. 

3. Process the blueberry yogurt mixture in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions (usually about 25 minutes). In the last 5 minutes, add the chocolate chips. Let firm up a bit by freezing it for several hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment