A little about your chef...

My name is Mackenzie and I'm a college student in St. Louis, MO. I've always had a passion for cooking and baking but being in college has made it a bit of a challenge! Hope you enjoy these recipes!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Perfect Pizza Sauce

Check out my previous post for homemade calzones! We made our own pizza sauce and it was delicious! I highly recommend making your own pizza sauce next time you make pizza!





Perfect Pizza Sauce
(Recipe from Life's Ambrosia)

1 (14.5 oz.) can tomato sauce
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, depending on how much spice you like
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. allspice

Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it starts to bubble slightly, about five minutes. Reduce heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Done!





No comments:

Post a Comment