A little about your chef...

My name is Mackenzie and I'm a college student in St. Louis, MO. I've always had a passion for cooking and baking but being in college has made it a bit of a challenge! Hope you enjoy these recipes!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Blueberry Buttermilk Scones

Sorry it's been a couple weeks since my last post! Life has been busy and blogging has been put on the back burner!

Spence has been requesting these for awhile now and this morning I finally made them! I got the recipe from a friend in high school and have been making them ever since! They are the best scones I have ever had!!!



Blueberry Buttermilk Scones
Makes 6-8 scones

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup buttermillk
1/3 cup melted butter
blueberries
sugar in bowl

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in buttermilk and butter - just until evenly moistened.

Spray a cooking sheet (I do not recommend using a silicone mat for this recipe). Grab a mound of dough (about 1/3 cup) and press 6-7 berries into the dough - poking some into the very middle and leaving some visible on the outside. Roll in sugar and place on a cooking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

hint: do not smooth out dough of scone - leave it for a more natural look :)


No comments:

Post a Comment