A little about your chef...

My name is Mackenzie and I'm a college student in St. Louis, MO. I've always had a passion for cooking and baking but being in college has made it a bit of a challenge! Hope you enjoy these recipes!

Friday, September 21, 2012

'Blown Away' Blueberry Muffins

I saw the recipe for these on pinterest earlier this week and have been CRAVING them ever since. I was actually in a really bad mood on Tuesday because I knew I wouldn't have any time to bake them until Friday (today!).

Well, with my calculus exam behind me and a fun weekend ahead of me - I figured it was time to make these :) And they more than fulfiled my expectations!!

Definitely give these a shot for breakfast some morning - you won't be disappointed!


Blueberry Muffins 
Recipe Adapted from Gourmet
Makes 12 Muffins (seriously! It makes an even dozen! when does a recipe ever make an even dozen???)

For Muffins:
1 cup All purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 large egg
1/2 cup nonfat milk
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries (about 7 ounces)

For topping:
1 tsp. turbinado sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

-Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter muffin pan or use paper liners. 
-Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, then whisk in zest.
-Whisk egg in another bowl, then whisk in milk and butter. Add to dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined (batter will be dense). Fold in blueberries. Divide batter amount muffin cups.
-Stir together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over batter in cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Serve at warm or room temp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment